|About the program
||Art Therapy involves using art for self-expression and reflection in the presence of a trained art therapist. Patients referred to the program don’t need any experience or skill in art as the aim is to enable a patient to effect change and growth on a personal level through the use of art materials in a safe environment.
As well as drawing, painting and clay, the art therapist may use creative writing, creative visualisation, music and movement.
Art Therapy helps people:
- Increase insight and awareness
- Release feeling and emotions
- Identify blocks to emotional expression and growth
- Develop creativity and self expression
- Develop self understanding
- Improve self esteem
- Solve problems and conflicts
- Increase communication skills
- Relax and develop focus
- Develop healthy coping skills