Carers Support Group
Caring for a family member or friend with a mental illness can be challenging. For this reason, we run a Carers Support Group to assist carers who have a loved one at The Hollywood Clinic.
The aim of the support group is to:
- Provide education about mental illness
- Teach helpful strategies for managing, responding to and supporting a person experiencing mental health problems
- Provide tips on how to communicate more effectively
- Encourage carers to look after their own wellbeing by staying active, gaining support from others and learning to manage their own feelings of anxiety, guilt and frustration
- Provide information about community services that offer ongoing support.
The Carers Support Group is facilitated by an experienced mental health professional and is held on a weekly basis in the evenings. For further details please contact