Mood and Anxiety Management
Mood and anxiety disorders form the largest class of mental health problems for which people seek treatment.
Our Mood and Anxiety Management Program helps patients diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorders such as bipolar disorder, dysthymia, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder and phobias. It also addresses problems with self-esteem, anger or guilt.
The Program helps patients to:
- Understand their mood and anxiety disorder
- Identify thinking patterns that underlie and maintain the problem
- Learn how to challenge and change unhelpful thinking patterns
- Learn to relax
- Acquire skills to maintain change
Other specific interventions include:
- Problem solving skills training
- Assertiveness training
- Fear exposure strategies
- Relationship enhancement strategies